Courses for Young People
Every year EMBS College enables young people across Oxfordshire to progress onto higher education and employment by providing a range of courses and exciting opportunities.
EMBS is a great place to learn whether you are coming straight from completing year 11 or looking to get back into education. We offer courses at different levels, which means there is something available for everyone, including opportunities to take your English and Maths GCSE and Functional Skills; to learn new skills such as in Digital Skills and take your Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
We are based on the busy Templar Square in Oxford and near the town centre, on Southam Road, in Banbury, and some of our courses include the following;
- GCSE English & Maths a one year full time course aimed at getting your English & Maths GCSEs.
- English & Maths Functional Skills (GCSE equivalent) – these courses are designed to give you the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life.
- ESOL: Specialist English Program for Sixth Formers – perfect if you have recently arrived in the UK and need an exciting English program to progress onto college and even university, or perhaps to find that perfect job.
- Level 2 Technical Awards – we can offer Business Studies, Sports & Physical Activity and IT awards.
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards – this programme will allow you to volunteer, undertake a physical activity, learn a skill and attend an expedition.
- Work Placements – We can provide our Students with the support needed to be able to find a work placement that will allow our students to gain vital experience within a work environment.
It might be worth noting that if you were born on or after 1st September 1996, there are some changes in educational legislation that may affect you. Namely, the government introduced a new law, whereby you will have to stay in education or training until you are 17 (you may have heard of this as being referred to as Raising the Participation Age). This is happening because the government wants to give all young people the opportunity to embark on their careers on an equal footing and with the best education and training possible. Essentially the idea is that the longer you can stay in education, the better the chances are for you to succeed in your chosen career path; with better pay and with better long term career prospects.
EMBS is dedicated to helping all young people across Oxfordshire by providing a real alternative to the local sixth forms and colleges. We believe that with focused learning in a relaxed, stress-free environment, students will thrive!
For more information contact:
Oxford: 01865 776041
Banbury: 01295 269999