Certificate in IT (ECDL Advanced) – ITQ Level 3
- Level: Level 3 - Equivalent to A Level
- Date: Throughout the year!
- Day: To be confirmed
- Time: To be confirmed
- Location: Oxford and Banbury
- Cost: £100 a month
- Tutor: To be confirmed
By completing ITQ level 3 you will develop ability to understand, identify and use relevant methods and skills to complete tasks and address problems. You will need to take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks and procedures as well as exercising autonomy and judgment within limited parameters. It will also reflect awareness of different perspectives or approaches within an area of study or work.
Who is it for?
As prospective candidates you should ideally have the ECDL / ICDL certification and/or previous experience using computers and common software applications. Typically, you should be individuals who use a wide range of advanced software application functionalities in a personal or professional context. The ITQ Level 3 certification is for candidates who wish to develop/demonstrate their ability to use the advanced features of software applications to enhance the quality of their work, improve productivity, demonstrate professionalism and save time in the creation and production of complex documents.
The guidelines for this course suggest that you will need to take on 35-45 hours of learning for each module before testing.
- Word processing using MS Word 2010 Advanced
- Spreadsheets using MS Excel 2010 Advanced
- Database using MS Access 2010 Advanced
- Presentation using MS Power Point 2010 Advanced
- Improving Productivity using IT skills
Word Processing using MS Word 2010 Advanced
After learning Word Processing you will be able to demonstrate ability to use the advanced features of word processing applications to enhance your work, improve productivity and save time. The Word Processing module will give you the opportunity to be certified at an ‘Advanced level’ in the use of word processing applications, acquiring skills sets over and above the routine features of the software.
- Apply advanced text, paragraph, column and table formatting, convert text to a table and vice versa
- Work with referencing features like footnotes, endnotes and captions
- Create tables of contents, indexes and cross-references
- Enhance productivity by using fields, forms and templates
- Apply advanced mail merge techniques and work with automation features, such as macros
- Use linking and embedding features to integrate data
- Collaborate on and review documents, work with master documents and sub-documents
- Work with watermarks, sections, and headers and footers within a document
- Apply document security features
Spreadsheets using MS Excel 2010 Advanced
When you complete learning Spreadsheets you should be able to use advanced and very professional features in Excel 2010 which will bring your spreadsheet skills to a very advanced level. This will allow you to use the full potential of the spreadsheet application to produce higher quality management information.
- Produce higher quality information
- Pinpoint key information quicker and more easily
- Provide more sharply-defined analysis
- Produce more sophisticated reports
- Use advanced editing, data handling, functions and analysis features
- Use macros within the spreadsheets application
Database using MS Access 2010 Advanced
Mastering Advanced Database will enable you to get more from the Access 2010 database by giving you the skills to use the many advanced tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information.
- Produce better reports with deeper data analysis
- Produce higher quality management information
- Use advanced features in table, query, form and report design
- Use macros within the database application
- Import, export and link data
Presentation using MS Power Point 2010 – Advanced
By learning Advanced Presentation you will gain skills to create effective, high-impact presentations using advanced features. You will be able to prove your skills in Power Point 2010 by applying advanced presentation features and use this application to its full potential.
- Plan and design more effective presentations that have greater impact
- Use advanced features to customise layout and shows
- Use and manipulate pictures, images and drawn objects, charts/graphs in presentations
- Add sophisticated multimedia elements to presentations
- Use the powerful relating tools to link information to other applications
Improving productivity using IT skills
At the end of the course you will be able to reconcile your skills and knowledge by applying advanced features of all four applications in everyday work and improve efficiency, quality and overall proficiency of your final work. You will work on real life and simulated projects which will require all your newly acquired skills.
The guidelines for this final stage of the course suggest that you will need to do about 20 hours of work before taking the final test.
As general outcome of the course you will gain:
Knowledge and understanding
- Use factual, procedural and theoretical understanding to complete tasks and address problems that, while well-defined, may be complex and non-routine
- Interpret and evaluate relevant information and ideas
- Be aware of the nature of the area of study or work
- Have awareness of different perspectives or approaches within the area of study or work
Application and action
- Address problems that, while well-defined, may be complex and non-routine
- Identify, select and use appropriate skills, methods and procedures
- Use appropriate investigation to inform actions
- Review how effective methods and actions have been
Autonomy and accountability
- Take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks and procedures, including, where relevant,
- responsibility for supervising or guiding others
- Exercise autonomy and judgment within limited parameters
After successful completion of 4 module tests and the final test Improving Productivity using IT you will achieve British Computing Society: The Certificate in IT User Skills (ECDL Advanced) – ITQ 3.