Private: English Functional Skills Entry 3
- Level: Entry 3
- Date: Throughout the year
- Day: Weekdays (Inc. Evenings) + Now available as SATURDAY class
- Time: 9-11am Monday, Tuesday & Thursday. 9:45-11:30am Wednesday. Evening class: 16:15-20:00pm Monday & Thursday. + 9:30-12:30pm Saturday.
- Location: Oxford / Banbury
- Cost: £100 a month
- Tutor: Tasneem Khan and Helen Yu
In these courses you will learn how to enhance your English skills so you can progress to higher education. This qualification is a great way to show employers that you have the English skills they are looking for. You will also learn how to interpret the meaning of a text, recognise different writing styles and identify commonly confused words.
English Functional Skills Entry 3 content :
- Writing sentences using conjunctions
- Recognise purpose of text
- Sources of information
- Grammar context
- Reading strategies
In this module you will learn how to find the main point in a text and understand the meaning of the text, as well as working out the meaning of words and interpret the text correctly to clarify the punctuation.
- Text and suggested meaning of text
- Expressions in context, meaning of words and dealing with technical vocabulary
- Interpret text correctly and understand punctuation
- Scan text for information by using layout features
In this module you will learn how to recognise different types of text & writing styles, e.g. tell the difference between fact and opinion
- Recognise text
- Difference between fact and opinions
- Paragraphs, headings and sub-headings
- Format to organise inforganize and identify different types of documents
- Writing a formal letter
- Recognise writing style
In this module you will learn how to spell words correctly and identify commonly confused words.
- Identify commonly confused words
Grammar and Punctuation
In this module you will learn how to use linking words, work with tenses, understand the subject of a verbal agreement and use pronouns correctly, as well as being able to use the correct punctuation.
- Linking words
- Work with tenses
- Verbal agreements