Certificate in IT (ECDL Extra) – ITQ Level 2
- Level: Level 2 - Equivalent to GCSE Grade A* - C
- Date: Throughout the year
- Day: To be confirmed
- Time: To be confirmed
- Location: Oxford and Banbury
- Cost: £100 a month
- Tutor: To be confirmed
General Course aims
Regardless of your present employment situation, the ITQ is your chance to learn new computer skills and gain a valuable qualification at the same time. Having an IT qualification could be the best way to improve your job prospects or just to help you feel more comfortable using a computer in your spare time.
With the ITQ you will cover word processing, spreadsheets and presentation and show that you can improve your work efficiency by applying skills and knowledge acquired in using those three applications.
- ITQ lets you show your current employer – or any future employer – that you have reached a recognised, national standard in IT.
- ITQ is a great way to make sure your IT skills are up to date with recent development in IT.
- ITQ will help you to improve your IT skills and use IT more effectively in your home or workplace.
ITQ lets you fill any gaps you may have in your IT skills quickly and easily.
- Word Processing using MS Word 2010
- Spreadsheets using Excel 2010
- Presentation using Power Point 2010
- Improving Productivity using IT skills
Word Processing using MS Word 2010
This module will enable you to use a word processing application to create and manipulate documents and use comprehensive text formatting tools. You will also learn how to handle long documents, use headers and footers and prepare document for printing, create tables, import objects, and merge a mailing list with a document.
- Opening and closing a word processing application and documents
- Saving & adjusting document settings
- Inserting, selecting and editing data
- Copying, moving, and deleting text
- Search and replace
- Document & text Formatting
- Working with paragraphs, lists and borders
- Headers and footers
- Creating & working with tables
- Inserting &working photographs, clip-art images, and charts
- Preparing Mail merge document and handling data sources
- Preparing output, setting up page values and printing documents
Spreadsheets using MS Excel 2010
This module will enable you to work with a spreadsheet application to insert and manipulate data. You will also learn how to create formulae and function, format and control printing, import objects, and create and adjust charts.
- Creating and saving, opening and closing spreadsheets
- Adjusting settings and working with Cells
- Editing data and handling rows and columns
- Copying, moving and deleting data
- Finding and replacing and sorting data
- Handling worksheets & working with formulas
- Cell referencing and working with functions (the IF function, count, etc.)
- Formatting cell contents: text, numbers and dates
- Working with alignments and border effects
- Creating & editing charts and graphs
- Setup & printing worksheets
Presentation using Power Point 2010
This module will enable you to work with a presentation application to insert, manipulate, and format text, images, and slides. You will also learn how to draw objects and produce charts for a presentation; how to print and distribute a presentation; and how to add special effects to a slide presentation.
- Opening and closing an application and presentations
- Adjusting settings & using presentation views
- Create/amend master slide and design templates
- Adding and editing text & formatting the slide layout
- Inserting images, creating charts and graphs
- Creating & editing drawing objects & organizational charts
- Copying, moving, and deleting objects
- Adding slide show effects – transitions and animations
- Preparing, printing and delivering presentations
Improving Productivity Using IT skills
Computers are used to help us with lots of different things. If you want to solve number problems, store data, or even watch movies then a computer can make all those things quick and easy. Because of this, it’s important to know when a computer might be able to help you with everyday tasks at work, or even at home.
During this course, you’ll get a better idea of when using a computer might help you get a task done quicker and simpler than if you did it manually. You’ll learn a straightforward decision making process which will help you to choose the right computer software to help you.
This module will help you to understand some of the main concepts and techniques in effective uses of Word Processor, Spreadsheets & Presentations. Once the course is completed you will be able to plan, select appropriate tool, create and modify work orientated solution and apply IT skills and knowledge to improve productivity and efficiency at work.
- Understand purpose of IT solutions
- Plan, design, justify and create IT solution
- Select appropriate application
- Review and adapt project keeping in mind local & legal constraints
- Review outcomes and propose improvements
- Analyse & review benefits
- Develop and Test solution
At the end of the course, after completion of three module tests and the final assessment Improving Productivity using IT Skills, successful candidates will achieve BCS Certificate in IT User Skills (ECDL Extra) – ITQ Level 2.